PRESERVE THE IMPERIAL!
In Preparation for our 100th Anniversary we’re working to restore and repair the Imperial Theatre and we need your help.
THE MISSION OF THE IMPERIAL COMMUNITY THEATRE, INC. IS TO PRESERVE THE HISTORIC INTEGRITY OF THE DOWNTOWN THEATRE, AND PROVIDE A CLASSIC VENUE FOR PERFORMING ART GROUPS, ARTISTS AND AUDIENCES FROM AUGUSTA AND SURROUNDING AREAS.
Rental and concession revenue covers only 60% of the Imperial’s operating expenses. As a result the Imperial depends on a wide range of generous donors to continue the restoration and renovation of the historic building, as well as efforts to fulfill our mission and allow the Imperial Theatre to remain a vital part of our artistic and civic community for future generations.
The Imperial is thankful for the support received from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies, including Augusta/Richmond County re-grants to the Greater Augusta Arts Counciland periodic grants from The Georgia Council for the Arts.
The Imperial Community Theatre, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Contributions to the Imperial are tax-deductible. The Imperial Theatre will celebrate its 100th Anniversary in 2018. $1.25 million in infrastructure work will be completed by the end of 2017. With that work finished, there is another $6 million worth interior work needed to return the Imperial Theatre to its original glory. That work involves plaster restoration, paint. Improved seating in the upper levels, expansion of restrooms and making them ADA compliant, dressing room renovations, installing an elevator to access lower and upper floors and re-purposing the former Western Union Room in the front of the theatre. Whatever you may be able to donate will be directed for the capital improvement projects intended to preserve the historic Imperial Theatre. Thank you in advance.
- Contributions to the Imperial are tax-deductible.
The incredible, historic Imperial Theatre has a number of convenient ways for our friends to show their support.
- Donate right now via PayPal using the DONATE button below. A PayPal account isn’t required.
- Select the “Donate” button anytime at the top of the Imperial’s homepage www.imperialtheatre.com
- Donate on-line, using the yellow “Order Tickets” icon on top of the Imperial webpage then select “DONATIONS” along the horizontal toolbar of the screen that follows, select the appropriate gift level, enter the amount and press “Give”, enter your information and then “Process Order”.
- Send a check payable to the Imperial Theatre with “Capital Campaign” in the notation line to Imperial Theatre, PO Box 31126, Augusta, GA 30901 or call the office 706-722-8293 for a donation form and information to be mailed or e-mailed to you.