PRESERVE THE IMPERIAL!
The Imperial Theatre recently completed $1.5 million in renovation work with the assistance of Special Local Option Sales Tax funds (SPLOST) in addition to grants and generous donations by the many friends of the Imperial. An additional $200,000.00 resulting from grants, donations and renovation fees charged on ticket sales was spent to repair plaster and paint as well as reupholstering the mezzanine seats. $4 to $6 million in additional renovation and restoration projects remains in order to return the historic Imperial Theatre to her former glory. In order for us to be successful the Imperial Theatre once again requests your generosity.
THE MISSION OF THE IMPERIAL COMMUNITY THEATRE, INC. IS TO PRESERVE THE HISTORIC INTEGRITY OF THE DOWNTOWN THEATRE, AND PROVIDE A CLASSIC VENUE FOR PERFORMING ART GROUPS, ARTISTS AND AUDIENCES FROM AUGUSTA AND SURROUNDING AREAS.
Rental and concession revenue covers the majority of the Imperial’s operating expenses and overhead. As a result the Imperial depends on a wide range of generous donors to continue the restoration and renovation of the historic building, as well as efforts to fulfill our mission and allow the Imperial Theatre to remain a vital part of our artistic and civic community for future generations.
The Imperial is thankful for the support received from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies, including Augusta/Richmond County re-grants to the Greater Augusta Arts Council and periodic grants from The Fox Theatre Institute, the Knox Foundation, and others.
The Imperial Community Theatre, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Contributions to the Imperial are tax-deductible. The Imperial Theatre celebrated its 100th Anniversary in 2018. infrastructure work was completed by the early 2018. With that work complete there is additional $4 to $6 million worth of work needed to return the Imperial Theatre to its original glory. That work involves plaster restoration, paint, reupholstering/replacing 1st & 2nd balcony seats, expansion of restrooms and making them ADA compliant, some additional dressing room renovations, installing an elevator to access lower and upper floors and completing the renovation of the “Western Union Room” in the front of the theatre. Whatever you may be able to donate will be directed for the capital improvement projects intended to preserve the historic Imperial Theatre. The Imperial Theatre now accepts gifts of stock and other negotiable instruments. Thank you in advance.
- Contributions to the Imperial are tax-deductible.
The incredible, historic Imperial Theatre has a number of convenient ways for our friends to show their support.
- Donate right now via PayPal using the DONATE button below. A PayPal account isn’t required.
- Select the “Donate” button anytime at the top of the Imperial’s homepage www.imperialtheatre.com
- Donate on-line, using the yellow “Order Tickets” icon on top of the Imperial webpage then select “DONATIONS” along the horizontal toolbar of the screen that follows, select the appropriate gift level, enter the amount and press “Give”, enter your information and then “Process Order”.
- Send a check payable to the Imperial Theatre with “Capital Campaign” in the notation line to Imperial Theatre, PO Box 31126, Augusta, GA 30901 or call the office 706-722-8341 for a donation form and information to be mailed or e-mailed to you.
- In order to make a contribution of stock please contact the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org of by calling 706-722-8293.