Imperial Theatre Volunteers play a special role as ambassadors of good will and are essential to the Imperial Theatre’s success! Our volunteers serve in many roles throughout the theatre including ushers, ticket takers and greeters. Volunteers have the additional responsibility of making the Imperial experience enjoyable through polite and courteous patron service.
Who Can Be a Imperial Usher?
Anyone 15 years of age or older is welcome to volunteer at the Imperial Theatre.
Because the comfort and safety of both our volunteers and patrons are very important to us, these are the basic requirements that are expected of an Imperial Theatre Volunteer.
- The ability to stand for 3 to 5 hours (volunteer seating may not always be available)
- The ability to climb stairs
- Tolerance to heights (you may be assigned to the balcony areas)
- Professional, outgoing attitude
- Willingness to keep commitments
At the Imperial Theatre, we appreciate the hard work and commitment of our volunteers! Here’s how your hard work pays off.
- Build your resume
- View world class performances*
- Meet new friends
- Give back to the community
Our volunteers take pride in their appearance. We ask that Imperial Theatre volunteers dress appropriately and comfortably within theses guidelines.
- Black slacks or skirt (your own)
- White shirt (your own)
- Black shoes (your own—no flip flops)
Anyone interested in becoming an Imperial Theatre Volunteer should email ImperialTheatreVolunteers@gmail.com